Saturday, March 28, 2009

Me, Hair Growth, Radiation, Exercise, & Updates on Logan

Apparently my hair is growing, even though to me it seems it's not doing much of anything. I just took a new growth progress picture at roughly 6.5 weeks since finishing chemo and I am starting to look less and less like a Q-tip and more like a girl with actual hair... it's still got a bit of a "fuzz" look to it, but I definitely see changes in length... yippee!

Here's a little collage shot I did starting with the picture we took the night I shaved my hair off near the beginning of chemo, next is 2 weeks after finishing chemo, then 4 weeks, then 5 weeks, and then 2 of the most recent at 6.5 weeks since chemo. (Click on the collage photo to see it larger.)

I only have 7 radiation treatments left... this next full week of Monday through Friday and then the following Monday and Tuesday... that's it, then I'm done as of April 7th! I sooo can't wait. I don't mind the radiation, but I do mind the 30 minute drive each way. I won't miss having to do that every day.

I'm still doing well with my diet and exercise plan... I got a great workout DVD called Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred and let me just say, it is really kicking my butt... in a good way! It's only a 20 minute routine, but it's a pretty intense 20 minutes jam-packed with strength training, cardio, and ab muscle work. The first day I did it, I could only make it through about half... then I did it on Friday and did the full 20 minutes, then today I did the whole thing again. My muscles hurt so I must have done something right! I also used my exercise bike in addition to the DVD so I feel like I did really good with my exercise this week. I've lost about 6.5 pounds so far and my goal is to lose about 19 more to put me at a healthier weight for my height. Right now my BMI is putting me in the overweight range and I'd really love for it to be back in the "normal" (a.k.a. healthy) range!!

That's it for news about me. I haven't updated about Logan in a while and I really should. My little guy is getting so smart! He says SO many words now and repeats EVERYTHING he hears. We are really having to watch the things we say around him now!! He amazes me each day with the things he knows. I completely see now why everyone always says kids his age are like a sponge. He picks up so many mannerisms and things without us even realizing it. For example, his latest thing is LOVING the Nintendo Wii bowling game. He's seen us play countless times and one day, out of the blue, he starts raising his arm and holding it like he's just released a bowling ball. It's so cute. The first time he did it I was like, "Logan, what are you doing?" and he said "bowl" and then I knew: my kid was bowling. Too cute!

To show Logan what bowling is really like, we took him to the bowling alley last weekend. He loved it and we snapped a few shots of him having a grand time with Mama and Daddy! The highlight of the night was right after Lee let Logan roll a ball down the lane, Logan took off after it down the slick, waxed floor! Lee chased after him and fell on his butt, but Logan never fell. It was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. This first picture shows Logan doing his signature, "pretend bowling" move with his raised arm:






He's growing like a weed, too. I kind of figured his 3T clothes I've been buying for him for spring and summer would be really big on him still, but I put him in a new outfit today and it fit nearly perfect. He's weighing in at a hefty 34 pounds. I'm not sure how tall he is as I haven't measured him in a while, but I know he's definitely getting taller! His hair also grows sooooooo quickly (I wish mine did!) He needs a haircut so badly... he had one a while ago now and his hair is completely grown out and getting in his eyes again... we're thinking of getting a bit shorter of a haircut on him this time around so we can go longer without having to have it cut. We'll probably take him tomorrow to get it trimmed. I'll post some pictures of him if we get his style changed up a bit.

I love watching Logan grow and learn new things. He brings me so much joy. Without him, life just wouldn't be the same and would not be nearly as exciting and noisy, ha ha! :)

No comments: