Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thank You SO Much, Valerie & Randy!

I've been feeling a little down the past few days... not down as in depressed, but just kind of ill. I have had either a headache, body ache, sore mouth, or fatigue at some point over the last couple of days. I feel pretty good today though and was able to eat a big scrambled egg, bacon, and toast breakfast.

When my mail came today, though, any gloom and doom left me as soon as I saw the huge package that came for me from Valerie DeRuiter. (A little background for those who don't know her, Val is a total sweetheart, and she's also the wife of my mother's cousin, Randy. They live in Texas. Val is an amazingly talented quilter, as you're about to see!)

Here's a picture of Val and her beautiful family:


It's always fun to receive surprise packages, and this one was no exception. After I anxiously and carefully had Lee cut the tape apart on the box, I reached in to find the most beautiful, thoughtful gift I could have received -- A gorgeous, hand-made by Val, quilt... made JUST FOR ME! Tears filled my eyes as I read the note which accompanied it.

Valerie -- thank you SO very much. I absolutely LOVE my quilt and I am speechless that you thought so much to send it to me. I will be sure to take it with me to my chemotherapy treatments... and I can guarantee you it's my new "lovey" for when I'm watching television in my recliner!





It's GORGEOUS -- I just LOVE the colors and patterns! Thank you, Valerie and Randy, too!!

2 comments:

Marci said...

WOW, that is amazing!I'm so jealous!

Jessica said...

That's so pretty! I love the butterfly quilting on it.