On Monday I had a consult appointment with the radiation oncologist. It was just a meeting so we could discuss what I can expect as far as radiation and when and how much, etc. Basically, my radiation will begin about 3 weeks after my last chemotherapy treatment. I'll go 2 weeks after my last chemo to meet with the radiation doctor to do the planning and set up of all my appointments with them, then a week later I'll begin the radiation.
So if the 2 rounds of chemotherapy go as planned and I don't need a third round, then it looks like I'll probably begin radiation around the first week of March. In total, I'll have 18 radiation treatments. I'll go every day (Monday through Friday, so excluding weekends) for 18 days in a row. After that point, then I'm done with all cancer treatments.
I still need your thoughts and prayers to get through the rest of these treatments. And please pray that my body responds well to the anti-cancer drugs and that this cancer gets completely wiped out! I'm hoping for remission by April so I can begin my Spring and Summer cancer-free and get on with life! It sounds weird to type that out, but in reality, April will be here before I know it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
glad to hear that things are going positively! i hope this continues throughout your chemo and radiation treatment!! keep your chin up and take care :)
Post a Comment