Another thing I look forward to, BIG TIME, is having hair again. Being bald SUCKS. My hair was not gorgeous by any means, but man do I miss it. Having none will really make you realize how much your hair does for your total well-being (as stupid as that sounds.) For a woman, our hair is a big part of what makes us feel feminine and let me tell you, I haven't felt very sexy being bald. Not to mention, my head gets cold all the time!
Now that chemo is behind me... I was thinking, since it's going to be a long, slow process... maybe it would be kind of fun to document my hair growing back. I figure I'll try to snap a picture every couple of weeks or so to really see the growth. I know, for me, looking at myself every day it's going to feel like forever and an eternity until I have hair again... I think looking at the pictures will really help me see that it really IS growing, even though it feels like it's not!
I don't think my hair ever really stopped growing completely since I never got "shiny" bald like Mr. Clean as some chemo patients do, but it did thin out everywhere overall. So I think shaving my head would have been necessary anyway. It really seems to have grown in the last week or so and now I have a nice, thin layer of fuzz.
2 WEEKS POST-CHEMO, sportin' my fuzz!

1 comment:
Carly, you're gorgeous! Hair or no hair. (Your blond locks are pretty sweet, though, they'll be back!)
So great to hear you talk about the future with such positivity. It must be amazing to KNOW that you're cancer-free! HOORAY! Congrats once again. What a relief. (HUGS)
Post a Comment